How to Proceed: Trouble with Monkeys

As I sit here watching Hawkeye (amazing BTW) I am grappling with the question that I have been for a couple weeks; what deck am I going to build for modern?

I have been going through the list for what few events have been going on and while I have 80% of most of the decks, the main villian of what I'm missing seems to be Wrenn and Six, and Ragavan. This has been a bummer since they are a key part of many decks that I like. With Wrenn and Six getting a reprint soon I really don't want to invest in them right now and since I'm missing a lot of cards from Modern Horizons 2, a few more boxes maybe in my future. So those decks are on hold for now.
So the hunt continues, I'm thinking either running with Temur Rhino which I'm only $100 cards off of, or BUG Infect which is sitting around $200 away. I'm an aggro and combo player so these decks are right where I want to be in terms of playing. The new Enchantress deck also seems like something fun as well, almost like one of my commander decks (I have a Sythis, Harvest Hand EDH deck).
I think what I need to do is some old school playtesting with some lands and a sharpie, I might even get fancy and print them out. This way I do not have to spend any money before figuring out what I want to play! Well the Hunt will continue and my list will grow as I figure out more decks that won't cost a couple fingers to compete.

I'll keep everyone in the loop as I do my testing and find what I want to play! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Goals

Time to Get This Sorted Out

That MTG Bicycle